City of Sioux City
Part-Time Long Lines Family Rec Center Attendant - IV-2309
- Job Code
- Posted On
- July 15th, 2016
- Closing On
- Until Filled
- Seasonal/General more...
- Parks and Recreation
Longlines Family Rec Center
Sioux City, IA
401 Gordon Dr, Sioux City, IA 51102
- Job Type
- Pay Rate
- Date Adopted
- May 5, 2008
- Date Revised
- May 5, 2008
- Approved Res.No
- Download File
- City Application - non Civil Services/EEO/One Source [pdf]
PART-TIME LONG LINES FAMILY REC CENTER ATTENDANT, $9.50/HOUR. Part-time employee would oversee Long Lines Family Rec Center scheduled events. Needs to be responsible, able to take/follow directions and be customer service oriented. Responsible for facility maintenance and preparation/setup users. Must be knowledgeable in building maintenance to include specialty floor maintenance, restroom cleaning, sport equipment staging. Will supervise facility attendees, collect fees and complete reports. First Aid and CPR certificates are a plus. Employee will work evenings and weekends, hours may change day to day. Must have own Transportation. Applications will be taken until positions filled.
- Job Description
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general direction of the Parks and Recreation Manager, performs general manual work in the maintenance and operation of Long Line Family Rec Center (LLFRC). Performs job duties in coordinating LLFRC participants to include rentals and walk-in traffic. Work involves conflict management and resolution, manual labor and public relations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION (with or without accommodation)
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provides primary customer service.
- Works with community to promote understanding of the facility and goodwill toward the facility.
- Works with the public and coordinates public and private-party participants.
- Coordinates general traffic in the facility.
- Becomes belay-certified to belay and coordinates the climbing wall participants.
- Sets and tears down chairs, tables and recreational equipment.
- Cleans and re-stocks restrooms.
- Maintains glass and does painting as required.
- Makes light repairs to equipment.
- Cleans and maintains floors & rugs using appropriate machinery.
- Performs basic cleaning of facility; trash removal, dry & wet mop and litter patrol.
- Performs other related manual tasks in the operation and maintenance of the LLFRC properties.
- Acts as resource person in the facility.
- Maintains good public relations through courteous and prompt attention to all citizen requests for services.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance and working hours.
- Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 30 pounds.
- Expected to temporarily perform duties outside of normal classification in the event of a declared emergency. In the event that an employee is excused from work other than being sick, they will be required to report to work in a state of declared emergency.
- Preferred Skills
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
One year of related work experience, preferably including some recreation experience or building maintenance experience. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities.
MINIMUM ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Ability to quickly move hands, hands together with arms, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects, ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time; this involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue, ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing, ability to quickly and repeatedly bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with body, arms, and/or legs. Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you, ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer), ability to see details at a distance, ability to identify and understand the speech of another person, ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Must be able to perform work in the evenings and on weekends.
Thorough knowledge of the equipment and techniques necessary to successfully oversee all facets of the facility; some knowledge of first-aid methods and necessary safety precautions to be used in public work; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates; good physical condition; ability to coordinate multiple events and multi-task.
Language Skills and Interpersonal Communication
Requires effective communication skills and the ability to provide assistance to customers (external and internal). Requires the ability to write and speak clearly, distinctly and effectively with fellow employees and the general public; read in English and compare similarities and differences between words and series of numbers; apply common sense understanding to the work process, procedures, programs and services; and to provide and follow verbal and written instructions. Requires the ability to work as a member of a team in order to accomplish tasks; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; and the ability to relate to minorities, women, and other protected classes in the community at all socioeconomic levels.
Work is normally performed in a normal inside office environment with appropriate heating and cooling and is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards other than those normally associated with general public contact, dust or odors. Field conditions outdoors are varying weather conditions, with varying street level noises; and touring work sites that are in various stages of development.
Belay certification immediately following appointment to the position