City of Sioux City
Part-Time/On-Call EFD Attendant III-Box Office - IV-2207
- Job Code
- Posted On
- July 15th, 2016
- Closing On
- Until Filled
- Seasonal/General more...
- Pay Rate
- Date Revised
- June 5th, 1989
- Approved Res.No
- Download File
- City Application - non Civil Services/EEO/One Source [pdf]
PART-TIME / ON-CALL EFD ATTENDANT III – BOX OFFICE, $9.00/HOUR. This part-time on-call position assists in the operation of the Box Office at the Events Center by performing work as required with a great deal of public contact. Examples included selling tickets, assisting in preparation of box office reports and resolving patron problems and complaints. Position is Part-Time, On Call, with NO guarantee of hours, with various hours including nights & weekends. Must reside in IOWA and within 10 miles of the City limits. Applications will be taken until positions are filled.
- Job Description
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Supervises staff and house operations during events; does related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The work in this class is supervisory work in house operations and personnel. An employee in this class may schedule personnel for house operations. Assignments are received from full-time CCAT staff.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative only)
- Supervises house operations during events;
- Schedules and supervises part-time staff;
- Assists in areas of house operation needing assistance;
- Instructs subordinate staff in proper techniques and procedures;
- Resolves patron problems and complaints;
- Assists in maintaining building security;
- Sells tickets;
- Operates box office in absence of Box Office Manager;
- Sets up cash drawers;
- Assists in preparation of box office reports;
- May be required to lock and unlock rooms;
- Ensures door security;
- Supervises ticket sellers;
- Answers customers' questions on upcoming events;
- Preferred Skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good knowledge of CCAT operations; some knowledge of accounting principles; ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public, superiors and subordinates; ability to supervise the work of others; skill in the operation of a typewriter and calculator.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Some experience at the level of CCAT Attendant II or equivalent position in house operations, and completion of a standard high school course; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.