City of Sioux City
Student Intern-Broadcast Intern
- Job Code
- Posted On
- January 20th, 2017
- Closing On
- Until Filled
- Seasonal/General more...
Sioux City, IA
405 6th Street, Sioux City, IA 51102
- Job Type
- Pay Rate
- Date Revised
- September 9, 1996
- Approved Res.No
- Download File
- City Application - non Civil Services/EEO/One Source [pdf]
STUDENT INTERN-BROADCAST INTERN, $9.25/HOUR. This part-time position will operate audio-visual equipment to produce live broadcast for City Council meetings. Will work 2 to 3 Mondays per month to cover Council Meetings and various hours to cover special meetings per demand. No set amount of hours guaranteed. We will train the right candidate, do not need to be a student to apply; we encourage all that are interested to apply. Applications will be taken until position filled.
- Job Description
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs various responsible technical, clerical, or profes-sional tasks while assisting full-time employees in the performance of their duties; does related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The work in this class involves a work experience related to a program of study at a recognized technical school, college or university. The work is in-tended to supplement a student's classroom education by enhancing learning through training in a professional work environment, developing an awareness of common work habits and skill require-ments expected by employers, and giving him or her practical hands-on experience in their chosen field of study. Students receive credits for completing work assignments and are compensated for their efforts. Students will work with experienced and skilled employees who will provide instruction, guidance and appraisal of their work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative only)
- Conducts surveys and collects information on operational and administrative problems, analyzes find-ings and prepares reports;
- Collects data for the preparation of grant applications;
- Conducts limited research relative to materials for use in examinations;
- Assists in the preparation of job descriptions;
- Performs fiscal, statistical, and personnel studies;
- Assists in specially assigned projects of a specified time;
- Assists with inventories and purchasing of supplies;
- Assists with safety projects and research;
- Assists with traffic studies and projects;
- Performs general clerical duties;
- Performs general automotive maintenance and repair duties;
- Assists in the performance of duties in the building trades;
- Performs general building maintenance duties.
- Preferred Skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have general knowledge, job skills and abilities associated with their particular work assignment; ability to follow instructions and accept con-structive criticism; ability to express oneself clearly both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and the general public; good physical condition.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Currently a student in good standing at a recognized technical school, college or university.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have a work experience/educational agreement between the City and the educational institution in which they are enrolled and may be required to have a driver's license valid for use in Iowa.